Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mommy Blues

I am feeling rather squishy and fugly and unkempt and gross and aesthetically displeasing. I have been a new mom (again) for 4 months now and I guess I still can warrant the new mom look but that mixed with this winter is not helping my thoughts. I get a headache alot from the hormones surging. I could really use a nice warm day with sun shining. I could more importantly use a make over. yes, a makeover. A visit to the salon. I need a haircut. I need some new clothes. I need some TIME and $$$.

On a lighter note: Blythe is JUST the awesomest! She is sooo cute. She is doing alot more now. She is starting to become a little feisty though. She has a bit of a temper. I think it is cute though. I enjoy being a mom to my 2 girls. I feel like I could possibly give a wonderful future to these girls and add a couple of good people to the future. I also hope to give to these girls a life that I wish I had had. Perhaps a feeling they take away with them from being mothered by me will be one of satisfaction and fulfillment and contentment. I love my girls and I love my husband. He makes it all possible for me to keep my sanity amoungst these hard times raising a family.

Side Note: Fulltime cloth diapering now for about 2 months. It is going great! Blythe has some minor pale redness going on but no diaper rashes yet ever since birth! I have yet to make the swap from disposable wipes to cloth. I will be making some soon. My only wish is that all of my diapers had snap closures and that they were all organic cotton or bamboo/hemp. The fleece/microfiber diapers work very well and are easy to clean and are very durable and also they do have a stay dry feel to them but for some reason her pee smell like lobster butter most of the time. That doesn't happen when wearing the cotton ones! Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment